Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I've created a monster(My First walk animation)



This is my very first walk animation that I have finally completed.
took 88 frames to make him take two steps and realise he is being watched by a person behind a screen.

Heres a look at some of the frames



He kinda gets a girly kinda walk on the second line of frames which is complete no intended, but hey.

Through this animation process I was just kinda freestyling it and letting it all flow along from action to action with the previous frame. Nothing really planned out so the walk stretch and frightened movements are kind of just random. I learned that there's alot to animation then just keyframing step by step. In the process your building forms to almost like 3d to stay and have a consistent shape, line and size must stay consistent to give the element of life to a character scene or whatever it is that's in motion. Subtle motions are just as important as live motions. If the character is moved even slightly it is going to affect the animation in a huge sense. You can see that when the stick figure jerks his head back right before he looks at the screen, it took about 1 frame to make that motion look like a quick head jerk rather then 3 or frame transitioning frames.
Transition, they are also a major part, that's maybe the most important part of movement is the pieces inbetween to get rom point A to point B which makes the animation fluid and giving it the illusion of actually motion. Also I discovered that not every frame is required in a transition, when making the stick figures like come in contact with the ground, to show that his leg moved a little faster I deleted a frame to give the leg some speed cutting down the time between point A and B and filling in the transition less. by making the leg move alot farther from the previous frame gave it that quick leg step and contact with the ground almost like how we walk in real life.

It was really fun finally making my first walking and animated character. I thought it was alot harder then what it acutally is, but this is jsut the first of many. And I'm all the people in room hearing me loudly and annoyingly rejoice after my first accomplishment in animation are happy that I'm done too!

No comments:

Post a Comment